What causes mucus in the throat along with fever and rashes on elbow?
likely to be due to viral infection
Welcome and thanks for your query.
With fever and chills it is very likely that you have an infection.
With rash and an upper respiratory tract infection, it is probably a viral infection.
A blood count can be suggestive.
If you have been looking after anyone with a viral infection, you may have picked it up.
Take symptomatic treatment with paracetamol and antihistamines for now. It may settle in a few days.
If you develop additional symptoms like cough ,chest pain or breathing difficulty, it would be better to see a doctor and have yourself examined and tested.
A ecchymosis possible for the red lesion on the breast.
The common rash produced by viral infection like Ebstein Barr virus, cytomegalovirus, rubeola, enterovirus etc are usually maculopapular. The skin can become dryer due to water loss as occurs in evaporation (insensible loss) due to fever.
The larger red lesion on the breast may be due to a bleeding into the skin (ecchymosis ). This can occur in other exanthematous fevers. I feel it would be advisable to see doctor, be examined and tested for any increase in bleeding tendancy from thrombocytopenia or decrease in coagulation factors.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever followed by rash on ears and neck
- Fever with rash causes
- What causes swollen throat and joints with fever
- What causes fever severe sore and red throat
- Azhidral cause fever and rashes
- What causes burning sensation in throat with fever
- What can cause fever and rashes in toddlers
- What causes a sudden fever
- What causes rash on neckchest and face after a fever
- What causes hay fever