What causes mucus in stool?
Thanks for your query.
There can be many causes for mucous in stools.
Cause can be
-Infections like typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, fungal colitis, viral gastroenteritis etc.
-Inflammation like inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis etc
- Lumps like hemorrhoids, polyps etc
- Bowel obstruction
So this symptom needs to be correlated with other symptoms and examination by doctor. Let me know if you have any other symptoms so that I am better able to help. Till then take precautions like drinking cleaner water, hygienic food, avoid unnecessary medicine etc.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes mucus in stool with on and off diarrhea
- Adderall cause mucus in stool
- What causes mucus strands in stool
- What causes green stool
- What causes excess mucus in stool
- Antibiotics cause mucus in stool
- Adderal causing mucus in stool
- What causes blood and mucus in my stool
- What causes foul smelling stool with mucus
- What causes blood in stools and pinkish mucus