What causes mucus in stool and diarrhea after taking parasite medication?

Dr. Moumita Chakraborty,MD

Posted on Wed, 7 Jan 2015 in Infections
Question: Over the summer I was on my farm and I had to go to the bathroom so I had to go outside when I was done to my XXXXXXX when I turned around I noticed a small white worm about centimeter long looking like a tiny maggot in my stool I immediately went to the drugstore and bought a parasite medication but was never really sure if it was considerA pinworm or not now five months later I've been having mucus in my stool and diarrhea and I'm not sure if this is connected with that incident or not. What was that tiny little maggot ???
Answered by Dr. Moumita Chakraborty,MD 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be round worms

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

Welcome to Healthcare magic.

I understand your concern. Those maggot like thing could be round worms from any animal or human feces.

Your intestines might be infected due to such germs or any other thing in the environment, since the sanitary area was not hygenic. I would suggest you to take a tablet with a combination of norfloxacin and tinidazole for 5-7 days. This will cure your infection. Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more.
Dr. Moumita Chakraborty
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Moumita Chakraborty,MD 13 minutes later
Yea because i dont have cramps or any other symptoms just the mucus diarrhea and my guts churn but no real pain do you think it could be the "round worms" this far down the road
Brief Answer:
yes,probable chances

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

Thank you for writing back!

It can be those worms, but nothing confirmed can be said until a stool culture is done. I still would advice you to take those antibiotics or else this type of stool with mucous can make you real weak.

Hope this helps. If you have no further clarifications, please rate this answer and close this discussion.
Thank you!
Dr. Moumita Chakraborty
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad