What causes moving black spots in the eye?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You have notice black spots in your left eye. If these spots look like lightening like and shine or vibrate you may have a detached retina. I would have you call your medical provider or eye doctor to be seen to be sure you don't have a detached retina. If the spot looks like a floater that is due to debris from inside the eye actually floating in the thick jelly inside the eye. There is nothing that can be done and most everyone has them. This is normal. The other thing you may see is dots that are swimming in your eye or in your vision. This is caused by the small capillaries in your eye and the red blood cells going through the vessels. you can see them usually in a bright XXXXXXX day looking up into the blue sky and see these little dots swimming. This is normal and nothing to be concerned about.
1. flashing lights or lightening like lesion in your eye possible detached retina. See your eye doctor ASAP
2. Floaters normal nothing to do
3. Swimming dots capillary images on your eye also normal.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black specs in the eyes
- What causes black eye circles
- What causes black eye contusions on nose and forehead
- Dry eye causes black spot vision
- What could cause black spots in eyes
- What could cause nauseousdizzy and involuntary moving of eyes
- Black spots in the eyes headache causes
- What is the cause for black swollen eye lid
- Can thyroid cause blurry and black spots in eyes
- What causes a sudden black eye