What causes movable lump on right side of collar bone?
thanks for sending the question.
I can appreciate that you are dealing with a worrisome symptoms but I would encourage you to remain optimistic that this might be a temporary swelling. Sometimes there can be inflammatory changes around the collarbone and shoulder that causes swelling similar to what you have described.
The additional concern in this type of case would be that this swelling might represent a swollen lymph node.I would recommend local therapy to the area with warm compresses for the next few days. Try not to press or squeeze the area. Observe this area for the next 7 to 10 days and if the symptoms persist or get any worse I would suggest that you visit with your primary care physician for a good consultation and focused clinical examination.
I want to reassure you that most presentations such as these are not cancer but we must still remain vigilant in observing follow up. If this completely resolves on its own that no additional testing would be recommended but if it persists or gets larger than your doctor might request or suggest a biopsy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in the collar bone during coughing
- Causes of a lump on collar bone
- Lump causing pain around collar bone
- What causes fluid by ur collar bone
- What causes a knot on the collar bone
- Does cancer cause lump on collar bone
- Hard painless lump below the collar bone cause
- What causes hard bump on right collar bone
- What causes pain in collar bone
- What causes a soar collar bone
- Is chemo-therapy effective in treatment of carcinoma of the esophagus?
- What does a lump on nipple indicate?
- What causes MGUS with a M-spike of .2?
- Suggest treatment for depression with anxiety
- What causes high BP and low platelet count?
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 rectal cancer
- Can Arimidex usage cause raised bumps on arms and neck?
- What does low WBC count indicate?
- Does Gleason of 9 and PSA of 96 indicate prostate cancer?
- Does my blood work indicate cancer?