What causes mouth ulcers?

Posted on Tue, 11 Nov 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I get sores on my tongue, or inside my cheeks, on the inside of my lips and even seem to be getting into my nose now. This started out of nowhere two years ago and only on the tongue now it seams to be spreading.
I have seen all types of specialists, had biopsy's all types of drugs and mouth rinses. Nothing works. I never had them before two years ago. I also get them even if I eat the marijuana in cookies. Is this some type on chemistry imbalance that can be corrected. Even when I don't have marijuana for a while I still have some sore come up but much less intense.
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Still marijuana could be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there.Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I am Dr.Senduran,General physician hope to answer your query.
In my opinion,the active ingredient of marijuana(cannabis) can be associated with your oral sores.This active molecule in marijuana has long half life and also can get redistributed to fatty tissues because of its high lipid solubility and protein binding ability.Overtime the concentration of active metabolites of cannabis may get concentrated in fat and may exert the action later even after months.I believe also that this mechanism could be the reason for the less intense sores even when you didn't consume marijuana for a while

Hence I would suggest you to be abstinent from marijuana for a long period and also theboral hygiene care as you did .Hope for the improvement.

Hope this information helps you.If any queries,don't hesitate to ask.Take care and wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy