What causes morning stiffness in fingers?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i am having morning stiffness in my fingers. what tab should i take for this. i am having bp and uric acid problem. for this i am taking telsartan h 40 andebuxo 40
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you may need to investigate further

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
morning stiffness in fingers can be due to rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
You will need blood investigation like Cbc,Esr,crp,Ra factor,Accp.And x ray.
Till time you can take analgesic and anti inflammatory like paracetamol.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 21 minutes later
Yrs doctor i am rheumtiod arthritis problem for the past 3years. What the exact tab should i take
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

I have studied your case with diligence.

I can help you better if you post x ray reports and blood reports to me.

You can take dose of methotrexate.
I will advise dose 7.5mg weekly.
You can start combination consulting your treating doctor

NSAIDs, DMARDs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs) are sometimes prescribed in severe cases.
Newer biologics have role in RA.

There is good role of diet and achieve correction through it, for details you can directly contact on my profile
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-vaibhav-gandhi/63503

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.