What causes mood swings?

Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Fri, 9 May 2014 in Mental Health
Question: I always want to be on my own and just sit and cry then I get very angry and irritable about nothing. I am making my Husband Mum Dad life hell by being like this. What is wrong with me. I have suffered with depression and panic attacks in the past with anxiety do you think this could be the cause again. I do not know whats wrong, everything is good that I have going for me all is positive
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mood disorder suspected Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. The fluctuations in mood are commonly seen in mood disorders. Since, there is history of depression and panic attacks in the past, it is quite possible that you are again having similar symptoms. You need to consult your psychiatrist for clinical assessment and prescription of drugs if required. If you have more queries, i will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T