What causes mood swings, rage attacks and confusion while on Serequel and Citalopram?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: My husband has schitzophrenia and I just found out he is using steroids. He takes serequel and citalopram. He started cheating on me. One minute he loves me the other her. I'm confused and wonder can these steroids cause the mood swings and confusion
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Steroids can ABSOLUTELY cause mood swings, rage attacks, confusion, disorientation, and even manic episodes and psychosis. I strongly recommend your husband seek treatment with a therapist or psychiatrist, so that he can get a better grip on his mood and relationship with you.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad