Owl Image

What causes mood swings inspite of having Venlafexine and Olanzapine ?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I want to treat myself with drugs not only enjoy music and taste and feel the taste of XXXXXXX
Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 46 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can.. need psychotherapy

Detailed Answer:
Your question is not clear what you want to know.I have seen your case paper. You are suffering from bipolar affective disorder mixed episode.
So you are on treatment with venlafexine,lamotrigine, olanzapine and sertraline.
It is really difficult to have mixed episode.
You need psychotherapy along with medicines like cognitive behaviour therapy. And some change in medicine like stopping of effexor and zyprexa.
Discuss with your doctor in next follow up for above points.
I hope your query is answered, if still you are confused, late me know exactly what help you need.
Thanks and regards.
Dr Chintan Solanki.

Follow-up: What causes mood swings inspite of having Venlafexine and Olanzapine ? 22 hours later
I am not happy and I enjoy music....... If increased efexor xr 150 to 300 XXXXXXX feel happy and enjoy music?
If zat EFEXOR XR from 150 to 300 do feel better and enjoy music?

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No not effexor but increase lamictal

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
As you are suffering from mixed episode , my opinion is to incease lamictal to make your mood happy. Sertrline can also be added. And with these even no mood elevation , lithium is the good option.
Effexor(venlafexine) is antidepressant used more in unipolar depression while your depression is bipolar while lamotrigine and lithium are used for bipolar depression.
Hope my answer will help you to decide medication after discussion with your treating psychiatrist.
Thanks & Regards.

Follow-up: What causes mood swings inspite of having Venlafexine and Olanzapine ? 2 hours later
If I feel I am using Kabtajohn relapsing into my mind and to my sense and my feelings and enjoy life as an illustration of the case only increased ......... If EFEXOR XR 150 to 300 you refer to my feelings and my sense and my mind?
If used captagon, refer to my mind and my emotions and my sense of.

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please stop using captagon and ask yr doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I guess you are taking captagon-amphatamine. I am not able to understand your question too clearly.
This drug is very notorious and banned in many countries as per law.It has high abuse potential , and causes psychological changes.
I suggest better to not take it, as this may be responsible for your unhappy mood. So just go to doctor and discuss regarding captagon and get rid of.
All the best and take care.