What causes moles on the neck and a wart on a child’s finger?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: my 4 year old granddaughter has got something like 3/4 moles on he neck ,and bumps on her chin,
and now we have found a wart like thing on her finger
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Moles not worrisome, elaborate on bumps on chin please

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I do not think moles should be cause for concern at her age, but I would like to visually examine both the bumps on her chin and the wart on her finger.

If you do not mind, could you please attach clear images of the spoken regions to our discussion or email them to me at:

YYYY@YYYY

But honestly, the wart could be from a virus like HPV (human papilloma virus) which in majority of cases can be totally innocent. There are many variants of the virus, and the less worrisome variants usually cause warts in regions other than the genitalia. You can still choose to visit a dermatologist just to make sure all is well, but I honestly feel there is nothing to worry about.

I look forward to helping you further, so please do not hesitate to write to me about anything, and of course with those clear images as well.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Please see the uploaded reports
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are quite clearly blisters and not simple bumps

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

Thank you for the image.

These are quite clearly blisters which could be due to causes like:

+Hot fluid contact
+Hot temperatures
+Allergic reaction/hypersensitivity reaction
+Reaction to substances like poison ivy, metal allergies, powders, detergents, deodorant, etc.
+Impetigo (less likely from the images)
+Infections

I would request you to take her to a child specialist who can help prescribe medication and also look into causes like the ones listed above an a few others. I can see from the images that she is happy and comfortable, and hope she continues to be the same. But please do take some time out and visit the pediatrician.

I look forward to hearing from you after the doctors visit, and hope this is a simple issue that can be very easily solved. Please feel free to write to me anytime, I am always here to help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana