What causes mole on left thigh that is growing in size?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello. I have a type of mole on my left thigh. Its has been there for almost a year. One day i notice it kind of small and hen grew quickly to the size a little smaller than a dime. It is slight raised and round. No pain. Any idea of what type it is and do i need to always monitor it.. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
get removed

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Having a mole is a normal phenomenon. Many have few and many may have more. Since in your cause it is quickly increasing in side with raised edges it goes more in favor of cancerous change as per me.

If any patient comes to me with such a complaint I advice them to get it removed surgically and send for histopathology (HPR)examination. HPR Is 100% diagnostic.

so I suggest its better to get it removed instead of waiting for it to grow as moles usually won't grow in size not even slowly at your age.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help .

Dr.Deepika Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D