• question-icon

What causes moist crusted patches with pustule on hand?

Posted on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: doctor I have these sores on my hand what are they
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Infected eczematous dermatitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Images.
I can see wet, oozing as well as crusted patches on hand. I suggest a possibility of infected eczematous dermatitis. I guess these must be itchy too?
If I was the treating doctor I would suggest a course of an oral antibiotic e.g amoxicillin 500 mg or cephalexin 500 mg, thrice daily, for a week. This would help dry up the oozing crusted lesions.
Topically you may use a steroid + antibiotic combination cream e.g clobetasol propionate 0.05% + fusidic acid 2% cream combination, twice daily, for a week.
I also advice you to take a tablet of cetrizine 10 mg once daily in evening for symptomatic relief from itching.
These are prescription medications and I would suggest that you visit a doctor in your vicinity for the needful.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist