What causes missing period date and negative pregnancy test?

Question
Hi, this cycle at 14 the day follicle was 10mm so doctor said very less chance of conceiving. but we still kept trying till 20 the day. Now I am 4 day past my due date and hpt kit shows negative. What could be the reason?Can I be pregnant? My cycle usually is 28-30 days exact. LMP was 3 July
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
repeat pregnancy test after 1 week

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam thanks for trusting health care magic.
As per your cycle regularity you are around 2-4 days past your period date with negative urine pregnancy test which can be due to following reasons -
- delayed ovulation so delayed conception
- tubal ectopic pregnancy
- routine delay of periods due to some stress or altered eating habits.

In this situation you need to wait for periods for another week.
In case you get them its alright but in case you don't then repeat the pregnancy test which if negative then get a pelvic ultrasound and b-hcg testing done to rule out ectopic pregnancy.
And in case test is positive then its a good news and was due to delayed ovulation so just visit your gynecologist for antenatal booking.
All the best