What causes missed periods inspite of being on implanon?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: ive been on implanon for 2 years now and havent had my period for the duration. i was sexually active during the first year and a half and then wasnt for 6 months or so and recently became sexually active again.
i recently started having a little bleeding and mostly brown discharge with a foul odor. is that from the build up and old blood from not having a period for so long?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is related

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Yes it is related to implanon but not exactly the way you describe it.

It is not a build up of blood but build up of your uterine wall which is shedding after so long.

Do not worry. It will pass over with time and your next menses you should be fine.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 4 minutes later
ok, thank you for putting me at ease about this.
it is greatly appreciated
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes the odor can also arise because of this.

If the odour stays even after menses stops then follow up with me .

Otherwise there is nothing to worry.

Dr. Som Biswas M.D.