What causes missed periods despite having negative UPT?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: my. period is 2 and a half weeks late. had 4 negative responces from home pregnancy tests. my period is never late. im bloated. tired. sore on both side of my lower abdomen and groin but not as bad as period pain i would usually ge. sore lower back .
Answered by Dr. Soumya 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No pregnancy chances

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about delayed periods.

Following is my reply:

1) If home pregnancy tests are negative, it is likely that you are not pregnant.

2) These symptoms are premenstrual and means that you are going to get periods soon.

3) I suggest you wait for one day and for periods to occur. If no periods by tomorrow and your symptoms are same, please see your gynecologist.

4) Let me know if there was any ultrasound scan done previously, if yes, please attach it.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 7 minutes later
ive had these symptons for that past week and still no period my lower stomach is hard also
Answered by Dr. Soumya 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound scan needed

Detailed Answer:

This is not pregnancy.

An ultrasound scan is needed to see if there is fibroid or endometriosis causing such intense pain and hardness.

Please see your doctor and request for an ultrasound scan to know why there is pain.

Meanwhile I suggest you take an antacid available over the counter to see if you get some relief if this is gastritis ( sometimes gastritis also appears like this).

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN