What causes milky colored urine?

Dr. Ravi Bansal

Nephrologist

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What can cause milky colored urine?
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
milky urine

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXX,

milky urine can be due to Chyluria, phosphates in urine, lipids or very high protein content of urine. even urinary infection can sometimes cause milky urine.

most common among these is chyle from abnormal lymphatic connections to the urine drainage system.

the causes can be confirmed by urine routine examination. urine culture testing, urine protein and creatinine estimation and urine for chylomicrones or triglycerides.

best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ravi Bansal 2 hours later
Should I see my dr. Is a script necessary to he rid of it. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
milky urine

Detailed Answer:

Yes, you should see your doctor,

You can carry a urine sample in a transparent plastic container, to show to him.

this will give a better idea of the urine color.

thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D