What causes milk secretion from right breast?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hello mam,

I've seen that sometimes from my right breast, If I press it, a very little milk has been extracted.
is it normal, or it something needs to check as I have read in internet that it may be a symptoms of cancer. Pl suggest.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

If you are not pregnant or had delivery recently then milk like secretion is NOT normal.

It can be due to galactorrhea ( due to a pituitary tumor) or cancer of breast .

I will advise you to get the milk tested for cancer cells. Any good lab will do it.

Also get a mammography and your hormone (FSH, LH, and prolactin ) levels checked.

That should give a clue to why you are having this.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 23 minutes later
Tks Sir for early response. But actually its not regular, during mensuration or sometimes only when I tried to press hardly, then only a drop has comes out.

Ofcourse I'm not pregnant nor had a delivery, I've a baby of 11 years old.
Should I consult local gynec first before mao.

Tks.

regds'
XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YES

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

YES, you should consult a local gynecologist first.

It might not be anything serious ( and i certainly hope so) but its better not to take it lightly.

Get a consultation and let me know.

Dr. Som MD