What causes mildly elevated ALT levels in a person with anxiety?
Need more information
Thanks for using HCM.
There can be many reasons for raised alt. I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.
Please upload the complete report of the liver function test.
If ultrasound scan of the abdomen done, please upload that report too.
Are you a diabetic?
Do you have high lipid/cholesterol levels?
Please confirm whether your weight is 200 lbs?
Fatty liver disease likely cause
Thanks for the additional information.
Though some of the medications you take can affect the liver and cause a raise in ALT levels, I would attribute your high ALT to fatty liver disease.
Since you are obese, you are at risk of having fatty liver.
Fatty liver is the most common cause of high ALT level.
You need to reduce weight.
Also get tested for hepatitis B and C.
I hope that answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can anxiety cause elevated troponin
- Anxiety causing elevated troponin levels
- What causes anxiety attacks
- What causes anxiety disorder
- What causes anxiety and elevated heart beat
- Diagnosed with anxiety disorders what is the cause
- What causes anxiety about the sexuality in a person
- What causes severe anxiety
- What causes numbness in a person suffering with anxiety
- What causes depression and anxiety