Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What causes mild shooting pain in the pelvic area?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16137 Questions
Yesterday I started getting a mild shooting pain in my pelvic area just above and including my left testicle. what could that be?

what is that?
Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
May be epididymoorchitis

Brief Answer:
Combined word as explained

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Epididymo-orchitis means inflammation of the epididymis and testis - both combined together are named as epididymo-orchitis. There can be inflammation of the other structures of the genital system like spermatic cord, vas deference that carries sperms to seminal vesicles including these and prostate causing deep pelvic pain.
Such infections usually occur secondary to urinary tract infection causing retrograde infection of the genital tract.

The other causes of pain in left testicle can be:
Torsion of the testicle.
Varicose veins called varicocele.

Hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Send the specimen of urine for: routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity before starting any antibiotics.
Tests of blood for CBC, kidney functions and others like sugar and as advised on clinical examination
Urgent ultrasonography of abdomen and scrotum along with color doppler mode, particularly for genito-urinary system.
Per-rectal examination by a General surgeon or Urologist and examination of the scrotum.
Any further tests as may be needed as per your additional history, examination and reports of preliminary reports.
All these will get the exact diagnosis so that a proper management can be done.
Till then give scrotal support.
Take plenty of oral fluids.
Take analgesics like Ibuprofen if it suits you.

Please get all these things done and give me the feedback for me to assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor