What causes mild rise in temperature after tooth extraction?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Dental Health
Question: I have been experiencing a low grade temp for the past 3 days. I had a tooth extracted 3 days ago. The highest temp has been 99,8.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mild temperature rise, does not seems serious, needs more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your question mild rise in temperature after tooth extraction can occur either due to Septicemia in which bacteria from extraction site may enter blood circulation and body's self immunity tries to wall off the infection and in this process of self defence there is rise in body temperature..

Other cause that is less probable can be side effect of Medication given post extraction..

Kindly provide a bit more information so that I can guide you better.

1.Was the tooth infected that is extracted?
2.What medication are you talking post extraction other than Tylenol?
3.Do you have any other symptoms other than fever?

Kindly answer soon for a better guidance..

Any further questions are welcome..

Wishing you a good health..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Arora..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T