What causes mild pain in lower right side of abdomen?
Possible liver problem, bowel problem or appendicitis.
Thank you for using HCM to post your health question.
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Abdominal pains are complicated because they may be so non-specific and have many diagnoses.
The pain you are feeling may be from the liver, appendix or bowel.
Since you are almost one month after the surgery you need to rule out if it is a side effect from the surgery which may have affected your liver.
Also if you haven't have normal bowel movement lately, it may from the bowel.
A problem which would be an emergency is an inflammation of appendix. In this case the dull pain would continue to become stronger, not better, you may have fever and nausea.
All this symptoms above would be a recommendation to go to the Emergency room.
You will need a complete blood count, and an ultrasound to help understand what is the pain from.
Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications. Otherwise please close and rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having sudden pain in lower abdomen what is causing this
- What causes mild pain in my right testicle
- What causes frequent pain in lower right side
- Persisting pain in the lower abdomen what is causing this
- What causes pain in abdomen and right testicle
- What can cause redness and lower right side pain
- What causes right side lower back pain and cracking
- What is the cause for pain in right lower abdomen
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What causes mild lower back pain