What causes mild lower abdominal pain and bloating?
Gastritis and protozoal infections can be a possibility.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due Gastritis and protozoal infection like giardia. You can go for a stool routine test to rule out the condition.
Applying hot water bags on abdomen will be soothing. For such case i would recommend short course of proton pump inhibitors like esomeprazole. Gastritis can give constipation also. This will be improved by treatment with proton pump inhibitors.
In case of any signs of protozoal infections like giardia i would advise antibiotics like metronidazole or tinidazole also. Taking probiotics also will be helpful. You can take kefir or yogurt for this also. But it should be taken after a stool test for protozoal parasites.
The drugs I have mentioned are prescription drugs, so you might need to meet a GP for those.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having lower abdominal pain what could be causing this
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What is causing the severe right lower abdominal pain
- What causes the sever lower abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain after urination
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What causes lower abdominal pain during pregnancy
- What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain
- What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain and bloating