What causes mild diarrhoea after taking I-pill?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Will the morning after pill cause a period while I'm continuing to take a double-pack (2 month without period) of my contraceptive pill? Or should I stop the contraceptive pill now (almost 5 weeks since a period) and do the 7 day break now and hope my period comes along in the next few days? Also, 1 hour after taking the morning after pill I had mild diarrhoea, will this make it ineffective?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should take break.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting us about health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
If you had diarrhoea one hour after taking the pill,there are chances of ineffective I-pill.
For withdrawal bleeding you should take 7 days break.
Hope found useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj