What causes mild chest and shoulder pain?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dr my wife feel mild pain in heart and back of shoulder to left hand ,I consult with cardiologist he suggested for ECG,ECO,TMT,XRAY.So after test ECG,ECO,XRAY in normal but TMT is positive kindly suggest. Her weight is 57 Kg slim trim,always do exercise and yoga
she always avoid fatty diets taking plane chapati,dal.
in his Lipid profile test Triglycerides is 252.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer.....get the coronary angiogram doneĀ 
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
A positive TMT test does indicate the possibility of coronary artery disease. This happens generally due to blockages in the coronary arteries,
The best way to rule out any block in coronary artery system is to get the coronary angiogram done and specially if the patient had some symptoms like shortness of breath or chest pain or any fatigue while getting the TMT done.
In case there is no trouble during the TMT test then the next step can be to get an image based stress test like stress ECHO or stress thallium before the angiogram.
You may go ahead with the advice of your doctor to get the coronary angiogram directly.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Triglycerides levels are high as ideally it should be below 150.
She would need the medicine to lower it.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj