What causes mild and irregular bleeding during menstruation with vaginal dryness?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Currently my insurance doesn't xover me going to a gynecologist but I wanted to know about my period. So I started on the 15th of August, which is when I was suppose to, but it only lasted 2 days. Thereafter I have been bleeding on and off for the next 10 days. My vagina is also really dry. I am 23 years old
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be infection or hormonal imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The mild and irregular bleeding that you are having can be due to dry vagina, a vaginal infection or a hormonal imbalance. A direct examination and vaginal swab culture will help in detecting the cause. In case it is due to a hormonal imbalance then hormonal pills will help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal