What causes migratory pains between the shoulders?

Posted on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in my shoulder that appears to be bursitis. Problem is that it migrates back and forth between shoulders. What gives?
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be associated nerve compression

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

In my opinion i think that your bursitis is accompanied by some sort of nerve compression usually cervical radiating pain which is of spinal or neurological origin so you may need some more imaging like MRI , Xrays and CT for proper evaluation by your physician . for now i recommend some hot massages with topical muscle relaxants and some multivitamins , painkillers and phyiotherapy will be effective .

Please click THANK YOU and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Hope the above information helps you,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon