• question-icon

What causes migraine headache along with diarrhea and abdominal discomfort?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Woke up last few days and when I stand up migraine instantly hits. It's in the background, but constant last 4 days. First- Third day fever, migrane, heavy head and upset stomach/diarrhea. Upset stomach is mainly in rib area. Day 4 migraine, heavy head and upset stomach persists.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue pain killers and follow precautions

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Migraine headache comes with throbbing headache, nausea, vomiting, gastric upset, sensitivity to light or sound and malaise.
The episodes classically lasts less than 3 days.
More than that and in presence of documented fever, an evaluation by a doctor is advisable.
If the symptoms are decreasing as compared to first day and pain is responsive to pain killers then you can wait for another day.
Avoid taking excessive tea or coffee or chocolates.
Take timely breakfast and lunch.
Take proper sleep.
Wishing you good health and early recovery.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist