What causes metallic taste in mouth?

Posted on Thu, 29 May 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: have a metal taste in mouth for about 4 days constantly. Cannot see any fillings in teeth missing or my gums are not hurting or swollen. No pain just metal tasting on tongue it appears anyways. I have ate quite a few organic beets in the past 4 days. and that is when it started.
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vitamins deficiency.

Detailed Answer:
Hi madam, thanks for your query.
Analyzing your symptoms, I probably feel metallic taste in mouth is vitamin deficiency or sometime because of normal aging also.
Apart from that you don't have any other symptoms.
Eating organic beet will not cause metallic taste.
If I were your treating doctor I would have suggested multivitamin with zinc for 15 days.
Hope my answers have helped you.
Pleased to help you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist