What causes metallic taste in mouth with intermittent discomfort in stomach?
I would need some info
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question in detail, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
In order to help you better , I would like you to give me some more information,
I will here by ask you some relevant questions to fill up the information gap.
1) Did you take abtibiotic course? for bugs
2) Did you tested clear after that?
3) Do yiu have stomach pain too?
4) Stomach burn?
5) Not using any meds?
6) At what time of the day metallic taste is more?
7) avoiding fizzy drinks...tea...coffee..caffeine?
Waiting for your input
M.B.B.S ( Licensed Family practitioner)
It can be bad stomach
Till then there are certain measure you can take which will help you control your symptoms.
1) Avoid bitter sour food.
2) Avoid fizzy, sour, caffeinated drinks, , don't take tea or coffee at all.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol if you use them.
4) Increase fibre content in your food strictly avoid junk, use whole wheat products , you can even use fibre supplements (organic ones)
5) Eat red and white meat less for some days.
6) Reduce weight if you have more weight than you should.
Then we come to meds,
1) You can use antacids over the counter for quick relieve like syrup Gaviscon.
2) I would prescribe my patient with Omeprazole or any other PPI they really help.
3) Then my patients responded really well to prokinetics like motillium.
4) I would also ask my patients to take zantac in night if they took omerpazole in morning to add the effect.
If you were actually diagnosed with the most notorious bug of stomach H.Pylori then you will should take antibiotics because this is only going to make things worse.
You can ask your doctor to give you antibiotics which wont effect your stomach plus to give you stomach protection drugs along with that. If that was H.Pylori you might not wanna miss it.
Here I would like you to consult your G.P and if he prescribes meds just take them for sometime untill you get better. You problem doesn't seem to be really alarming but still it's better the nip the evil in the bud. stay blessed.
I will book an appointment with a doctor on Tuesday, if it hasn't cleared up by then and I require something stronger.
Things are expected to get better
Yes Omeprazole is prescription drug that why i didn't directly ask you to take it,
You will need a proper check up and prescription by a doctor, if he thinks you are in need of it then you can get a prescription.
Well I hope the syrup does it for you but you can visit your doctor if things don't get better with the syrup or you think there is a need of something more potent.
Wish you health,
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes metallic taste in throat
- What could cause metallic taste in mouth
- What causes a metallic taste in the mouth and passing out
- Metallic taste in mouth caused by parasites
- Metal taste in mouth causes
- What causes abdominal discomfortconstipation and metallic taste in mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth causes microgynon
- What causes a metallic taste in the mouth after coughing
- What causes dry mouth and metallic taste in mouth
- Causes of metallic taste in mouth tcm