What causes metallic taste in mouth, headache and strong breath odor?

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have a metallic tastes, I can not seem to get read of w dull headache strong smell in yearn & bowel?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
cavieties has to be ruled out, GERD, capsule omeprazole

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query
Based on the information provided by you, there are two possibilities, one dental problem and the second is gastroesophageal reflux disease.

Do you have acidity problem?
Do you have sinus infection?
Do you have difficulty in swallowing?

Presently I would suggest you to salt water gargaling or use chlorhexidine mouth wash. You have to brush at least twice daily and it is important that you brush before you go to bed.

I would suggest you to see dentist for examination to rule out the presence of any hidden cavities.
Similar complaint can also be seen GERD. Presently I would have suggested you to take capsule Omeprazole 20 mg once daily empty stomach, before breakfast for week. Along with this avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking if you do.

Eat frequent small meals instead of heavy once. Avoid lying down immediately after food and walk for at least 15 to 20 minutes post food. Kindly follow this measures it will be beneficial.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee