What causes menorrhagia in a middle aged woman?
Due to menorrhagia.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In my opinion you are suffering from menorrhagia (and your cycles are anovulatory)
There are so many disease which causes menorrhagia. To rule out those you should go for blood profile, ultrasonography, thyroid profile, endometrial biopsy, hormonal profile or sometimes you required D&C.
Pregnancy is also be ruled out first if you missed your period.
Blood profile rules out anaemia and bleeding disorder disease.
Ultrasonography rules out fibroid, adenomyosis and polyp.
Endometrial biopsy rules out endometrial cancer.
You can try the following till you get your test reports done.
1) Take iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF, ibuprofen and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding. You will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines.
3) You can go for minera IUD once your cause is rule out.
4) Eat healthy and leafy vegetables and fruits.
5) D&C may also be helpful in some cases.
You should consult a gynecologist and get your examination and investigation done to rule out the cause.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Menorrhagia causes
- What is menorrhagia
- Menorrhagia, polymenorrhea etc causes
- Menorrhagia, irregular menstruation causes
- Does tolnaftate cause menorrhagia
- Menorrhagia causes and symptoms
- Causes of menorrhagia heavy periods
- Puberty menorrhagia causes
- Excedrin cause menorrhagia
- Spasmodic menorrhagia causes