What causes memory loss with hot and cold flashes post hysterectomy?
Sorry to note your wife's medical symptoms.
Memory issues can occur in both thyroid related problems as well as in association with menopause.
However as you said her hysterectomy was done years ago. Well do you know if her ovaries were also removed or not?
This is because removal of ovaries leads to menopause.
Now most women worldwide undergo natural menopause around 52 years of age, unless of course the ovaries are removed before that.
At the moment then it is most likely that your wife is in menopause regardless.
Usually menopause related symptoms occur in the first few years and tend to gradually improve on their own. However in some cases it can be severe and persistent. This requires careful and thorough evaluation of the individual for consideration towards treatment options.
As far as the thyroid is concerned, there is a simple blood test called TSH which can effectively rule out a thyroid condition in most people. This test does not require fasting and can be done at any time of the day.
When I see a patient in my practice who presents with complaints similar to those of your wife, I typically order the following tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
Liver function tests
Kidney function tests
25 hydroxy Vitamin D
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mistrubating cause memory loss
- What are the causes and treatment for memory loss
- What causes memory loss after beinge drinking
- What causes memory loss when addicted to masturbation
- Memory loss cold and tired
- Fatigue and memory loss causes
- What causes memory loss in asperger people
- Common causes of memory loss
- What is the cause for negative thinking with memory loss
- Temporary memory loss causes