What causes lymphnode enlargement?
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
There are many causes for lymphnode enlargement. it ranges from infection to reactive diseases.
For my patients with similar complaints first I will take complete history and examination to look for any infection nearby- neck, throat, teeth breast, etc., Depending on examination findings I would get few relevant tests done. You may require ultrasound scan of neck, laryngoscope test done to look for cause first.
Increased vascularity is a nonspecific sign and seen in infection .Presence of cancer will show abnormal cancer cells in lymphnode study.
Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.
Wish you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes enlarged cubital nodes
- What causes enlarged thyroid in children
- What are the causes of an enlarged mons pubis
- What causes an enlarged cardiomediastnal
- What causes enlarged platelets
- What causes uterus to enlarge
- What causes an enlarged prostate
- What causes tonsilar papilla to be enlarged
- What causes an enlarged spleen
- What causes enlarged circumvallate papillae