What causes lung nodules?

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
I had a CT done 3yrs found lung nodule-5mm. Now fiund two nodules. Original is 1.25mm and other is 5mm. What could be the cause?
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Lung Cancer

Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 15 hours later
There can be many causes of lung nodules commonest being infective like in TB, fungal infection etc. Then there is a long list of many other causes. However no lung nodule is to be neglected. Hence, I advise that you consult a pulmonologist who can examine you and can correctly interpret the cause and significance of these nodules.

Follow-up: What causes lung nodules? 23 days later
The findings report states "small solid lung nodule smoker (former smoker) " . However, I've never smoked in my life. Mu father and grandfather both smoked all my life. Do i need to worry? The size is 4 mm and has remained that size for the kast three years.

Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can wait and watch for some time.

Detailed Answer:

Since there has been no change in the size of the nodule, I feel you can wait and watch. However be in consultation with your pulmonologist and follow his advice.