What causes lumps under tongue, on the bottom jaw and front teeth?
lump caused due to trauma.
Hello XXXXXXX First of thanks for approaching Healthcare magic for your query.According to the symptoms said by you I suggest you nothing to be worried in this case.It can be due to some trauma caused while having food or brushing.Since it is not painful nothing much to be worried and also it is free from any infection.It can also be due to constant irritation due to some improper filling rubbing over it or some rough edges of teeth poking it(irritational fibroma).I suggest you to have salt water gargle concentrating on that area.Have lots and lots of water.Avoid touching or irritating that area.If after few days it causes any problem it can be removed by simple surgical procedure or a laser(last treatment which won't be reached by you).Have lots of citrus fruits.Besides all these stay happy and ignore it.Happy mind and cool attitude can be best medicine for any disease.Hope you are benefitted something from this reply.If you have more queries please be free to approach us we are waiting to help you solve your problem.Have a healthy day!!!
Dr.Rohit S Menon
Also, I can push it around with my tongue like a ball
not a salivary stone or tori!!!!!
Good to hear from you.
I read through your both queries and I must say I am not in favour of salivary stone as salivary stones causes extreme pain while seeing and having food due to blocking of the salivary duct. Here you don't have any pain or tenderness. And regarding XXXXXXX XXXXXXX is bony extension from jaw bone and it is firm and mostly sharp and hard. As you said you can roll the lump, I don't favour XXXXXXX either.
It can be due to some trauma while having food like piece of fish bone lacerating or apple core pricking or even a toothbrush trauma.
Again I am stressing on the fact that since you don't have any pain, nothing much to be worried as it is free from infection and will be healing soon. I suggest you to have lots and lots of water and do salt water gargle and have lots of citrus fruits. If still its disturbing you after few weeks you can get it removed surgically (minor surgical procedure) or a laser treatment as a last resort. I suggest you to stay happy and be cool. Happy mind and cool attitude can heal all diseases.
If you are satisfied with this reply please rate my answer as it helps me improve my answering or if you still have queries please be free to ask as we are happy to help you.Have a healthy day!!!!!
Dr.Rohit S Menon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause inflammation under your tongue
- What causes vericos veins under the tongue
- What causes a fleshy lump on tongue
- What causes dryness of under tongue
- What are the possible causes of bumps under my tongue
- What could cause pain under the tongue
- What could cause a small lump under the tongue
- What is the cause of a lump under my tongue
- What would cause small flap under tongue
- Have brown spot under tongue what is causing this
- Suggest treatment for pain on teeth
- Suggest remedy for pain after root canal treatment
- What is periodontal disease?
- What causes orange colored coating on tongue and itchy scalp?
- What causes roughness under tongue and white dots on lips?
- Can regular dose of Vyvanse and Intuniv be taken before oral surgery?
- Suggest treatment for small bump on the cheek
- Suggest treatment for cavity in wisdom tooth?
- Suggest treatment for loosely bound incisor teeth behind new incisors
- What causes tiny painful white spot on lower gum?