What causes lumps that grows on the penile shaft?
Furunculosis is most likely possibility
Hello. Welcome to healthcaremagic.com.
I have read your query. I understand your concern.
I have seen the attached photograph also.
It seems that you are suffering from a condition called Furunculosis. It is bacterial infection of skin involving the hair follicle and surrounding areas. Penile shaft is hair bearing part of the body. It gets very easily infected by improper hygiene or untrimmed hair.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. Also oral broad spectrum antibiotics like cloxacillin is started.
Keep the area clean by using soap and water.
Get your blood sugar levels done.
Regularly trim your hair.
I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do clinical examination and give you prescription.
You can share my opinion with him.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mole on penile shaft caused from friction?
- What is the cause and treatment for penile infection
- What could cause a swollen vein on my penile shaft
- What causes penile chafing
- Friction causing hair follicles on penile shaft
- What causes penile shrinkage
- What causes a shrunken penile foreskin
- What causes penile pain during an intercourse
- Cyst on penile shaft cause
- Cause of cysts on penile shaft and treatment