• question-icon

What causes lumps on the arms and left-sided radiating shoulder pain?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I have fibrous tissues underneath arms bilaterally along with what feel like beads of tissue. Additionally I can feel several lumps through out my arms. There is pain in left shoulder radiating down arm and along left shoulder to neck region
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May need biopsy and CT cervical spine

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it needs to be evaluation about the nature of swelling and that can be established on the basis of detailed examination by a surgeon and if needed taking biopsy for histopathological examination to rule out any connective tissue disease etc. Rest of the management options and prognosis will depend upon the report then.

For the other symptoms, CT scan cervical spine will be needed to rule out any signs of nerve entrapment in cervical ot shoulder area leading to the radiating pains. Meanwhile analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be used for symptomatic relief. If pain is intense, more potent analgesics like tramadol or nerve pain suppressants like gaba pentins or duloxetine can be used.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin