What causes lumps of 3.3 with creatine of 21?
Hello and welcome,
The lymphocyte count is marginally elevated here and some labs would not consider them elevated at all (some list their upper range for normal at 3.5.). Lymphocyte count in a healthy person your age is typically due to a recent viral infection. There are less common causes, but there is no need to look deeply into them at this point. You can just have your test repeated in a few weeks to make sure the lymphocytes aren't higher.
About the BUN/creatinine, BUN (blood urea nitrogen) test assesses the amount in the blood that is mostly before being processed by the kidneys whereas creatinine gives a better picture of kidney function itself. If BUN is high and creatinine is low (giving a higher ratio since BUN is in the denominator), it is usually due to a person having been a bit dehydrated at the time that the test was done. It can also be elevated from increased protein in the blood and from gastrointestinal bleeding, but if you are not having other problems, the most likely cause is that you hadn't had enough fluids before the test was done.
If you are otherwise feeling well, I wouldn't be too concerned about these lab results, but would have them repeated in a few weeks and be sure to drink plenty of water before the tests.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if there is any further information I can share with you.
still likely to be ok
Yes, the ratio can still be slightly high if the BUN is on the higher end of normal or the creatinine is on the lower end of normal (which is still good). It is a ratio so that can happen. If you are a healthy young man, it isn't usually worrisome. Just ask for it to be repeated, and drink plenty of water before you go in for the draw.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Creatine causing grey hair
- Creatine cause heart palpitations
- Can creatine cause heart attacks
- Causes of elevated creatine kinase
- Does creatine cause bloating
- What causes low platlets and high creatin
- Creatine causing eye sight
- What are the causes of low creatine protein
- Can creatine cause lumps
- What causes spike creatin levels
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis