Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What causes lumps near the vaginal opening?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
I have a tear drop shape group of soft brown lumps next to the opening of the vagina. It looks like skin tags or moles but not sure. Scratched it and it was swollen and sore for a few days for a couple of. days. I looked up g warts and it doesnt look like the pictures
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: could be angioma or warts Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Genital warts don''t always look like the pictures you might find of them on the internet. So I feel it could be a benign condition like Angioma (i.e. clusters of overgrown blood vessels, they are benign / harmless) or genital wart. What I advise you is to get a clinical examination done to confirm the diagnosis, also your doctor might advise you to get a biopsy done. Depending on the findings treatment can be planned. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor