What causes lumps in eyelashes?
She is having blepharitis, inflammation of the eyelid margins.
Welcome to Health care Magic.
I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.
I reviewed your history.
These symptoms mentioned by you indicate inflammation of the eyelid margins involving the eyelashes called as blepharitis.
The eye drops and tablets given are for treatment of blepharitis and you need to continue them as per advice given by your doctors.
Along with this cleaning the eye lid margin with XXXXXXX baby shampoo will help in this condition. This condition usually tend to run a long course and takes time to respond to treatment.
Hence you need to continue treatment and lid cleaning with baby shampoo and I hope this will respond.
If possible do send me a photo of the affected eye so that I can confirm the diagnosis and advice you accordingly.
Hope this answers your question and the information is helpful to you.
The photo shows inflammatory swelling of the glands of the eyelid.
Thank you for the follow up question.
I reviewed the photo attached with the question.
The photo shows inflammatory swellings of the glands of the eyelid in the form of chalazion.
This requires treatment by the use of warm compression and antibiotic eye drops.
She can continue Moxicip eye drops as advised by your doctor.
If it does not show improvement the next treatment required is injection of steroids into the swelling or simple incision and curettage of the contents.
Hence I advice you to consult your eye doctor for further advice accordingly.
Hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What vitamin deficiency causes eyelashes to fall out
- What disease causes of white eyelashes
- Eye infection causing white eyelashes
- Does low iron cause eyelashes to fall out
- Eyelash infections causes
- Eyelash line cyst causes
- Does adderall cause eyelash breakage
- What causes white eyelashes
- What causes eyelashes to turn white
- What causes your eyelashes to fall out
- History of cataract. Diagnosed with ocular rosecea. Eyes are bloodshot,...
- Inner side of left side is swollen. Having headache and feeling sick....
- Have blurred vision. Got blood in stool. Anything serious?
- Suffering from chronic anxiety and BP is high. Should I be worried about...
- Fell down, got some damage in retina. Having diarrhoea, sore neck. Can I...
- Diagnosed with keratoconous and advised for a corneal transplant...
- Diabetic. Eyes are blurry. Seeing things one on another. What to do?
- Child's eyes are not conjugated and looking at things normally. Is it...
- White sticky liquid comes out from the corner of eyes. What kind of...
- Seeing a spot which moves with eye movements. What could this be?