What causes lumps in eyelashes?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: hi, my wife is facing with lumps in eyelashes (lids), which appear like pimps from outside. Though have medications from Vasan eye care ( eye drops: alcon & ointment: moxicip, tab:doxy-1L forte ) and with regular hot pressing the eyelids, there has been no improvement at all. these lumps started appearing from May-15 and increasing in size, if left un attended. Moreover this has become a eyesore. Please help with effective resolution.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
She is having blepharitis, inflammation of the eyelid margins.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome to Health care Magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.

I reviewed your history.
These symptoms mentioned by you indicate inflammation of the eyelid margins involving the eyelashes called as blepharitis.

The eye drops and tablets given are for treatment of blepharitis and you need to continue them as per advice given by your doctors.

Along with this cleaning the eye lid margin with XXXXXXX baby shampoo will help in this condition. This condition usually tend to run a long course and takes time to respond to treatment.

Hence you need to continue treatment and lid cleaning with baby shampoo and I hope this will respond.

If possible do send me a photo of the affected eye so that I can confirm the diagnosis and advice you accordingly.

Hope this answers your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 14 hours later
Hi, pls find attached image of the affected eye. pls advise.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The photo shows inflammatory swelling of the glands of the eyelid.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up question.

I reviewed the photo attached with the question.
The photo shows inflammatory swellings of the glands of the eyelid in the form of chalazion.

This requires treatment by the use of warm compression and antibiotic eye drops.
She can continue Moxicip eye drops as advised by your doctor.
If it does not show improvement the next treatment required is injection of steroids into the swelling or simple incision and curettage of the contents.

Hence I advice you to consult your eye doctor for further advice accordingly.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you