What causes lump under the skin behind the ear?

General Surgeon
Question
About a month ago i noticed a lump under the skin behind my right ear, basically right across from the back of my inner lobe, it has got smaller since then but has not gone away. I am a little worried after dpoing the silly google searches.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be lymph node

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

The only swelling that reduces in size over time, in that region, are lymph nodes.

Usually lymph nodes are not palpable, but in that region there is hardly any subcutaneous tissue so you are able to feel the lymph node and due to previous inflammation it has adhered to the underlying structure, and has become fixed.

So don't worry about it. Its normal.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma