Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What causes lump on the top of my head?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
Hi i have this like bump lump on the top of my head attached to scalp i did have a hair cut the other day and i dont know if its done something to my skin.anyone know what it is? Ive asked some of my family and they said its probably normal and may be a cyst (cysts run in the family)
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Can you please attach a photo of it as it is really hard to answer your question not seeing the lump? If you have any problems attaching the photo, please send it to YYYY@YYYY and mark it for query no 91284. Lump on the head is usually a benign lesion like sebaceus cyst, fibroma or a mole. If it disturbs you, can be removed with simple surgical procedure. More info can be given after photo upload. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes lump on the top of my head? 6 minutes later
Hi thank you for the answer,ive tried taking multiple photos but because it is under my hair (i was born with very thick hair) its extremely extremely hard to see,its not visible,but thank you for you answer, and i thought it was a cyst,everyone in my family has had one i tried taking one but jt doesnt seem visible
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: If its under the skin, rounded, painless sebaceus cyst is the most possible diagnosis. If its attached to the skin, protruding, fibroma is most probable. The only reason to concern is when this lump is darker than the skin, like a mole, should be checked by dermatologist. Hope this will help. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor