What causes lump on right collar bone and numbness in hand?
I have had right arm problems with muscle weakness, hand numbness, and numbness on back, some wasting of biceps, and forearm, and right pectoral noticeably reduced. Some days I have difficulty lifting my arm, due to shoulder restriction and weakness, and have a tendency to have hand injuries (multiple cuts) due to numbness. This has been for several years post C6/7 Discectomy, but my current level of discomfort is different and I am starting to seize up with shoulder pain, and front neck (throat) discomfort.
I lso have shooting pain down my forearm (outside edge) I have had this for some time, but in the last four days which is when I have felt unwell and noticed the lump, this has been much worse. I now have shoulder pain both sides, and neck (tendon) pain, also some chest pains. On turning my head sometimes pain shoots up the back of my neck. I currently feel completely knotted up in the entire upper section of my body, throat and neck.
Aprox two weeks ago, I seriously over exerted my right side carrying some heavy boxes, so i wonder if this could have torn where my clavicle meets sternum?
My big concern is that because my throat is uncomfortable (in the hollow above my sternum) that this may be malignant and nothing to do with my other right side shoulder and arm complications.
I have seen my GP and she mentioned that she had seen several people with a right side clavicle lump and that this was breast cancer. I am not sure how this a=explains my throbbing windpipe? and other side of the top of my chest, or that my whole clavicle is standing out. this almost feels like whiplash where it affects front of windpipe. I've had an X-ray, and i have to wait for 10 days in pain for the result? is this normal practice? I would have at least have liked to know if there was a fracture or dislocation?
Sorry for long letter! I am 47, (MSM) and it is also possible that in the last two weeks i have been exposed to an oral STD? (very minimal previous risk of HIV exposure)
also I have had some cold like symptoms over the last few days, and a bit of hoarseness which comes and goes. This all seems to improve with rest. but for the last few weeks I have been having difficulty sleeping due to right shoulder and arm discomfort. not sure if this helps?
Can be due to swollen lymph nodes.
Thanks for posting your query.
The lump on the right collar bone and the symptoms that you have explained can be due to a lymph node swelling caused by an infection. It can cause stiffness in the area and all other related symptoms. The pressure on the neck nerves can cause hoarseness of voice or it can be due to a mild throat infection. It is best to consult an ENT specialist for proper investigations and continue with the antibiotic till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes light headedness and numb hands
- What could be causing hand numbness in the morning
- What could be the cause of hand numbness and dizziness
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes intermittent numbness in my chin and right hand
- What causes painswelling and numbness in hands
- What could cause frequent numbing of right hand
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes numbness in right hand
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?