What causes lump on palate?
Seems like a Bony Torus/ Palatine Torus..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..
As per your complain a hard lump over the palate that is not moveable and feels attached to bone seems to be most probably be a Palatine Torus and can occur due to overgrowth of bone and appears over the hard palate as a bony hard lump..
While a few other common causes can be a mucous cyst or Mucocele or an Adenoma..
You should definitely consult an Oral Surgeon and get evaluated and after a thorough clinical examination and investigations like X-ray can be advised to confirm the cause so that treatment can be planned accordingly..
Any further questions are welcome.
Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes irritationdrynessfulness and lump on the soft palate
- What causes mouth ulcers in soft palate
- What causes broken blood vessels on palate
- What causes cleft palate
- What causes lumps on head
- What causes swelling of the soft palate
- What causes a purple palate
- What causes lumps in breasts
- What causes soft palate ulcers
- What causes upper palate to itch