What causes lump on left jaw after wisdom tooth extraction?
I am eighteen years old and recently had my wisdom teeth removed six days ago. They used the "laughing" gas and IV. I didn't take the pain meds but I have been taking Amoxicillin. Two days ago, a lump on my left jaw showed up. It does not hurt but it is about the size of half a golf ball. In the inside, it feels like a canker sore without the pain. If that makes sense. What could this be?
Post inflammatory swelling, aphthous ulcer, medication
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the swelling in the jaw is concerned, it can be because of the inflammation secondary to damage to lymphatic and the bone cutting done during removal of the tooth. It is quiet common following surgical removal of wisdom tooth. Nothing to worry, you can take anti inflammatory drugs like serratiopeptidase which reduces the swelling. The swelling should come down in 5days. If it is subsiding then consult your dental surgeon and get it evaluated.
Regarding the soreness inside the mouth, this can be a aphthous ulcer secondary to stress or surgery. Nothing to be panic, it will heal in 3-5days. If you develop pain, you can use topical anesthetic like lignocaine and topical analgesic like choline salicylate. Do saline gargling.
I hope I have answered your query. If any queries are there, reply me back. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Serratiopeptidase after wisdom tooth extraction
- Wisdom tooth extractions cause blindness
- Weakness after wisdom tooth extraction
- Locked jaw after wisdom tooth extraction
- Jaw pain after wisdom tooth extraction
- Shivering after wisdom tooth extraction
- Paresthesia after wisdom tooth extraction
- Migraine after wisdom tooth extraction
- Stroke after wisdom tooth extracted
- After wisdom tooth extraction