• question-icon

What causes lump on inner thigh?

Posted on Mon, 5 Jan 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have lump on inner thigh about 3 inches down and alittle to the inside,it is tender but doesn`t hurt.Idon`t know if it is my arota or not.it is about the size of a marble.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If it is pulsatile then it can be aorta.

Detailed Answer:

I'm Dr. Sudhir Kumar,

After going through your query I concluded that you have lump on inner thigh about 3 inches down and a little to the inside,it is tender but doesn't hurt. In my opinion it is unlikely to be aorta, it may be most likely a lymph node or varicose vein as it is tender to touch. Swelling related to aorta will be pulsatile as we feel our pulse. You can further investigate it by ultrasound. You can discuss with your treating Doctor about it.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
You can also write to me directly on below link:
https://www.bit.ly/askdrsudhirortho

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon