• question-icon

What causes lump on inner left thigh?

Posted on Sat, 9 May 2015 in Infections
Question: I have had this bump grow on my inner left thigh. I first noticed it about about years ago when it swelled and hurt but stopped after a short time and just has become a random skin flap since. I just noticed it has grown slightly past few days. I'm not sure what it is or what can be done with it. I'm std free (got tested very recently).
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
possible atheroma

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome. This is probably atheroma or subcutaneous gland or less common some other benign subcutaneous lesion such as lipoma of fibroma. In some cases it may become clogged and grow or inflame and this is probably cause of your symptoms. It can be surgically removed under local anasthesia so consult your doctor about it. WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 11 minutes later
Thank you! it is very small and to the touch I can feel the small bump but it feels like it has excess skin. it also doesn't hurt at all either. I should have said that earlier.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probbaly what i ve said

Detailed Answer:
Yes, this is probably something that i ve described above. it hay tendency to grow and shrink and it isnt painful until it become inflamed. it is very common and there it cant be harmful. But it can be removed because of estetic reasons
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon