What causes lump on back of neck?
Just for peace of mind i went to my regular doctor /Internal medicine. He felt it and laughed about my worry. He said it is nothing to be worried. only thing he told me that if it gets bigger, he will arrange to drain it out.
This thing is invisible, never hurts, but am scared of the ceast as i never felt before. and need an honest further opinion.
You can discuss your concerns with an ENT Doctor.
Hi and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
In my opinion, two most likely natures of your lump/ ceast:
1. An enlarged lymph node
2. A Lipoma ( growth of fat cells inside a capsule).
Lipoma may sound scary, but, don't worry, is the most common soft tissue condition found through people.
Enlarged lymph node could be related with any adjacent infection ( dental, ear, mouth, throat).
You could discuss with an ENT ( ear, nose and throat) Doctor about your concerns and have an clinical evaluation, second opinion as well.
I agree with your Doctor's opinion, you have nothing to worry about.
Hope I helped you. If you have further questions or clarifications, feel free to discuss, if not, you can close the conversation and rate the answer.
Keep staying healthy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headache caused by pimple on back of neck
- Numbness in back lump on neck painful cyst cause
- What causes lumps along the back side of neck
- What causes back neck pain with headache
- Cause of lump lower back
- Lump in back of neck causing headache
- What causes persistent back and neck pain
- What causes bumps on back of neck near hairline
- What causes lumps in the back of throat
- What causes hard lump on upper side of back