What causes lump on back of child while treating chicken pox?

Posted on Wed, 2 Dec 2015 in Child Health
Question: 3 year old son got chicken pox 4 days before,iefrom Friday.His medication is : Zovirax 200mg- 2.5ml 4 times daily for 5 days,novamox 125-6 ml 3 times for 5 days ,atrax 5ml twice daily for 5 days and B complex syrup twice daily.
The blisters are less ,around 20 and he is better.Today i noticed a lump on his back of the neck and on touch he says its paining.attached the pic.is it any side e effects of the medication? will it go after the medication is over? any advise to get rid of the lump?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be an enlarged lymph node. Image missing.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I have gone through your query but unfortunately do not see the attachment. Could you please reupload for me to comment upon.

I will await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 minute later
sorry..the image attached
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Enlarged lymph node indeed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your response. I have checked the attached image. It indeed seems to be an enlarged lymph node. Such a thing occurs to limit the spread of some localized infection (chicken pox and possibly some superadded bacterial infection). It is not in response to the medication. Nothing needs to be done about it. It will gradually subside after the infection resolves.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician