What causes lump on back of child while treating chicken pox?
The blisters are less ,around 20 and he is better.Today i noticed a lump on his back of the neck and on touch he says its paining.attached the pic.is it any side e effects of the medication? will it go after the medication is over? any advise to get rid of the lump?
It could be an enlarged lymph node. Image missing.
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.
I have gone through your query but unfortunately do not see the attachment. Could you please reupload for me to comment upon.
I will await your response.
Enlarged lymph node indeed
Thanks for your response. I have checked the attached image. It indeed seems to be an enlarged lymph node. Such a thing occurs to limit the spread of some localized infection (chicken pox and possibly some superadded bacterial infection). It is not in response to the medication. Nothing needs to be done about it. It will gradually subside after the infection resolves.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chicken pox caused by chlorine
- Chicken pox infection causes
- Can chicken pox cause pain on sides and back
- Can chicken pox cause shingles
- What to apply when having dark spots caused by chicken pox
- What to apply to remove black spots caused by chicken pox
- Lump at back of neck chicken pox
- Chicken pox hard lumps
- Chicken pox causes
- What to eat while having chicken pox